BLACK WIDOW VIP
WHAT IS VIP?
• VIP is a year-long design services contract with Black Widow Designs. Rather than three, there are now five different packages to choose from. Each package is paid for monthly (either the 15th or 30th of each month) and has a certain number of release credits you can use at any point throughout your contract term.
WHAT ARE THE PERKS?
• Well, for one, you're saving money annually. Let's say you only release twice per year. The Bronze package would be ideal for you. Now let's compare that cost with a standard Black Widow Designs package. With the Bronze package, you pay $30 per month, resulting in $360 for two releases for the entire year. This includes your covers, formatting, teasers, and promotional graphics. If you weren't VIP and purchased the smallest cover package known as "Just the Basics" for each release, plus Tier 1 formatting and the smallest teaser/promo graphics packs, that's $740 total. That's $380 in savings, and that's just at a bottom-tier comparison! The total savings increases if you're purchasing larger packages.
• In the same hand, if you're one of the many authors constantly stressing about tax season and searching for new tax write-offs, VIP is absolutely something you can claim on your taxes as a monthly business expense!
• Skipping the scheduling line is also another perk. Typically, Black Widow Designs is booked out 6-8 weeks in advance (and possibly longer now that standard client appointments will be limited to only 4 per month for 2023), meaning if you need a project done within a month or so, there's no chance of that happening. As a VIP, you skip that line and can book in whenever. However, please keep in mind, a turnaround time will still apply. Timeframe for VIPs is 3-7 business days (in comparison to 1-3 weeks for standard clients). This is something to consider when reaching out to get on the schedule.
• And lastly, but certainly not least: Think of VIP as a one-stop shop for all your design needs. Releasing a book is stressful enough as it is without having to book multiple service providers to get everything done. This creates more deadlines, which can cause unnecessary stress/anxiety and makes the publishing process less enjoyable. As a Black Widow Designs VIP, you'll get everything design-related done for your release in one place.
CAN I CANCEL ANYTIME?
• You can cancel at any point, but you will be required to pay the remaining balance of your contract. So, for example, if you decide to cancel in March, and have already made payments for Jan, Feb, and March, you will still have to pay off what's left of your contract for the rest of the year.